Thank you for your interest in Trinity Christian Academy! We are providing the following information to guide you through the 3-step application process. Please call the Director of Admissions at the school office if you have any questions regarding the admissions procedure.
- Step One: Application
- Step Two: Consideration for Admission
- Step Three: Letter of Acceptance, Registration, and Financial Contract
Step One: Application
- Online Application: (One per child) Applications are being accepted for the following school year and should be submitted as soon as possible. In order to be eligible for Pre-K, children must be four by September 1st and fully toilet trained. Kindergarten students must be five by September 1st and fully toilet trained.
- Application Fee: The nonrefundable Application Fee is $100.00* per child (includes Entrance/Assessment Exam fee)
- Financial Aid: Families applying for financial aid should begin the application process as soon as possible. Financial aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis determined by FACTS Financial and available funds. Please review our published Financial Aid Policy on the Tuition and Fees Schedule and apply on the school’s website.
Step Two: Consideration for Admission
- Entrance/Assessment Exam: All students applying for admission to grades 1-12 must take an entrance/assessment exam. This academic screening process is necessary to determine whether students are academically prepared for the grade level for which they are applying. The results of these tests are not used for priority placement. Testing appointments are scheduled for each child.
- Student Shadow Day at Trinity Christian Academy: Before final acceptance to Trinity Christian Academy, prospective K- 6th-grade students are expected to come for a classroom visit. Students entering Pre-K will be scheduled to participate in a playgroup screening during the spring or summer. Prospective Kindergarten students will shadow for a half-day. Students entering grades 1-6 will shadow for a full academic day. Students in grades 7-12 are also welcomed to participate in a shadow day on campus. This will be done in accordance with current COVID-19 precautionary guidelines.
- Teacher Recommendation: All students applying for admission in grades 1-12 must provide a Teacher Recommendation than can be e-mailed to Assistant Administrator Mrs. Kelly Byrnes at [email protected].
- School & Personal Information Records: A signed Records Release Form requesting a copy of a student’s most current report card/transcript, standardized testing, behavior record, IEP/504 Plan or in-class accommodations must be included with the application. In addition, we require a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate, as well as a signed Statement of Agreement with Trinity Christian Academy’s student handbook.
- Interview: Once the Director of Admissions has received the Application, Application Fee, the results of the Entrance/Assessment Exam and all requested copies of school records, an interview with the Headmaster and/or appropriate Lead Teacher will be scheduled to establish a final determination regarding the admittance of the student to Trinity Christian Academy. This will be done in accordance with current COVID-19 precautionary guidelines.
Step Three: Letter of Acceptance, Registration, and Financial Contract
- Letter of Acceptance and Registration: A letter/email will be sent to all applicants to notify you if your child has been accepted. You will be instructed to pay your $350.00 registration fee online through FACTS SIS.
- Waiting List: If your child was not placed because enrollment in that grade is full, the application will be held for a maximum of one school year and you will be notified if an opening is available. Re-registration for current families is determined first before openings become available for new applicants.
- Final Step of Enrollment- Financial Contract: Online registration and the non-refundable registration fee must be submitted within two weeks from the date of the letter of acceptance. With the submission of your registration agreement and fee, you will enter into a financial contract with Trinity. For your child to be officially enrolled at Trinity, your child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and a request for permanent school records must also be received.
Admissions Process Statement of Non-Discrimination
Trinity Christian Academy is a non-profit organization that admits and welcomes students of any race, color, nationality or ethnic origin and does not discriminate in admissions or any area of school administered activities, provided the family supports the child’s instruction in conformance with the school’s Statement of Faith.*Amount subject to change annually (1/11/21 Rev.)